Thursday, March 11, 2010

Three Finished Bowls

Well, pottery class is finished for now. Here are the first three bowls I finished. I did a total of five. I'll post the other ones later.
Pot #1 in its final form. The shape was an accident, the glazing was an accident. Pretty cool-cooking for an accident. The glaze crackled (apparently, I left the bowl dipped too long.) Hmmmm…

Pot #2 completed. It collapsed while I was throwing it. But in this case, I left it as it was. I glazed it white with the brown rim, since it reminded me of a Grecian urn. Unfortunately, the brown didn't adhere to the white very well. I'm generally happy with this one.

Pot #3. For this one I returned to the basic bowl form and kept it simple. I like the straight sides, but would have preferred a more flat top rim. My instructor recommended rounded edge to prevent breaking, so I'll survive. I again did not put enough of the brown glaze on the bowl and I didn't overlap the colors sufficiently. I do love the blue glaze though.

No comments: