Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 10:59am Beach day. A little cold with the wind blowing. Rain seems to be staying away so far. Here's to a relaxing day even so. Shared with Memoires for Android http://market.android.com/details?id=net.nakvic.dromoris http://sites.google.com/site/drodiary/
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
- Having to get up at 5:30AM... Not so bad on a normal day, but I woke up at 2:45AM and couldn't get back to sleep. Eek!
- Doing the walk of shame into the gym. I'm friends with the above mentioned Leslie, who was in shock at my return.
- I packed my gym bag the night before and managed to forget a towel and one other thing that I will not mention. Luckily, I realized this before I stepped into the shower and was able to purchase two little hand towels from the front desk.
- Forgot my iPod so I was stuck listening to their overhead music. Which is not too bad, but I would have preferred my workout mix.
- I got to see my friend Leslie again for the first time in six months. Woohoo!
- I made it to work by 8AM with the visit to the gym.
- No traffic at 6:30AM on the way to the gym.
- It felt good to workout again.
- No wheezing!
- Starting February, I'll be reimbursed by my health insurance for 12 visits a month to the gym. Woot!
So the good far outweighs the bad and the ugly. I think I'll do it again Friday.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
|The starting point.|
2 large eggplants
1 package sliced baby portobello mushrooms
8 oz. bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar pasta sauce (I use the garden or veggie type)
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Trim both ends from each eggplant and slice them crosswise into circles of equal thickness. About 3/8" to 1/4". Brush a baking sheet with olive oil, arrange the slices on it in a single layer and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the slices are browned on top and tender in the center.
Reduce the oven temperature to 375°.
Brush a 9" x13" pan with oil and arrange a single layer of eggplant slices in the bottom of the pan. Spoon marinara sauce over the eggplant. Cover with a layer of sliced mushrooms and half the mozzarella. Repeat all layers.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese is browned. Serve immediately.
So in my recipe, I've replaced the fresh mozzarella with shredded, since I had a hard time slicing the chuck of cheese and I needed to cut the time down.
|The final masterpiece.|